Announcing a Special Issue of the
IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science
(Scheduled for December 2006)
The Technical Committee on Plasma Science and Applications of the IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Science Society along with the Guest Editors invite contributions to the Special Issue of the IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science on Plasma-Assisted Combustion to appear in December 2006.
The application of plasmas to enhance combustion processes is an emerging field of plasma science and technology. It is lately receiving greater interest, driven by the need for more energy-efficient and less-polluting combustion techniques. Currently, there is no established forum for scientists and researchers to disseminate and review the current research and applications in this field. Work in the field of plasma-assisted combustion has been reported in diverse journals and related media. The IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science provides an archival domain for the publication of new scientific, technological, and application results in plasma science and technology.
The intention of this Special Issue is to provide an integrated forum for high-quality publications in the field and to promote further interest and exchange of technical information in this exciting and technologically important area of plasma science. Contributions are solicited in, but not restricted to, the following topics:
• Physics/chemistry of effects of plasmas on flames and deflagration-to-detonation transition.
• Use of plasmas to promote and/or improve efficiency in engines (automotive, aircraft, etc.) or flames and/or burners.
• Plasma sources (e.g., jets) for improved ignition.
• Applications to aircraft pulsed detonation engines.
• Applications to pollution reduction (i.e., combustion efficiency improvement - not exhaust cleaning).
• Applications to fuel reforming/conversion (e.g., fossil fuel to hydrogen).
All contributions should reach the Guest Editors no later than March 1, 2006 at the IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science IEEE Manuscript Central website at
http://tps-ieee.manuscriptcentral.com . Questions regarding the Special Issue on Plasma-Assisted Combustion can be addressed to the Guest Editors:
|Dr. Louis Rosocha
Plasma Physics Group
Los Alamos National Laboratory
P.O. Box 1663, P-24, MS E526
Los Alamos, NM 87545
|Dr. Igor Matveev
Applied Plasma Technologies, Inc.
7231 Woodley Place
Falls Church, VA 22046